The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of the school and is an integral part of our school community. In time it is our ambition that the House System alongside the School Council will enable our pupils to have a stronger voice in the decision-making across the school.
Every student is placed in one of the four houses. A girl and a boy House Captain is assisted each by a girl and a boy Vice Captain. A member of the staff assisted by several other teachers (tutors) act as the House Master/Mistress. The aim of the House System is to inculcate and develop for the qualities of Leadership, Public Speaking, Organisational Skill, feeling of belongingness among students through various Inter-House Competitions and School Functions.
The objectives of the House System
Our objective is to give every student in each house and those who take positions of responsibility the following:
- a sense of belonging· positive role models from within their peer group
- a sense of achievement outside the classroom
- fun and excitement through competition
- curiosity and creativity
- individual and collective responsibility
- the confidence to be Bold, take action and develop a spirit of adventure
- the development of communication skills, flexibility and resilience