Aunaha, Rasoola bad Road
Near shivali, Ramabai Nagar,
Professor Dr. J.B.Shukla Links
Director General , Research and Development,Bhabha Group of Institutions,Kanpur,U.P, India
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 09828014244,8004440721
Dean of Students Affairs, I. I. T. Kanpur, India (1975)
Professor, Department of Mathematics, I.I.T Kanpur, India (1977-1997)
Chairman, Department of Mathematics, I.I.T Kanpur, India (1980-1984)
Distinguished Professor/ Visiting Professor, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada (1987-1989)
Professor Emeritus/ Fellow of University of Alberta at the I. I. T. Kanpur (1997 - 2002)
Area of Research:
Mathematical Modelling of Environmental, Ecological, Biological and Engineering Systems.
Supervised more than 25 PhD students at I.I.T Kanpur etc.
Published over 115+ research papers in International Journals in USA, UK, Europe, Japan etc such as:
AWARDS, DISTINCTIONS AND HONOURS :
NATIONAL AWARDS :
- ASME Transactions.
- Applied Mathematical Modeling.
- Applied Mathematics and Computation.
- Atmospheric Environment.
- Bulletin of Math.Biology.
- Ecological Modelling.
- Environmental Modeling and Assessment.
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics
- International Journal of Biomathematics.
- Journal of Institute of Mathematics and Application.
- Journal of Fluid Mechanics.
- Journal of Biomechanics.
- Journal of Biological Systems.
- Journal of Math.Biology.
- Journal of Physical Society of Japan.
- Mathematical Biosciences.
- Mathematical and Computational Modelling.
- Non Linear Analysis- R.W.A.
- Physics of Fluids
- Rheologica Acta.
NATIONAL HONOURS :
- FICCI Award, Highest National Award by Industry in Physical Sciences including Mathematics, awarded by
Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), 1980.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) Prize in Mathematical Sciences, Highest National Prize To Young Scientists,
awarded by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India, 1982.
- Distinguished Service Award in Mathematical Sciences, Vijnana Parishad of India, 1997.
INTERNATIONAL PROFESSORSHIP AWARDS:
- Honoured by the Convenor for Outstanding contribution in Mathematical Biology at the International
Conference on Mathematical Biology, IIT Kanpur, 2004.
- Honoured by the Speaker of Uttar Pradesh Assembly, Lucknow, U.P, India, for bringing glory to the birth
district, Balrampur, Uttar Pradesh, through his outstanding contributions to the understanding of Biological,
Ecological, Environmental and Engineering Phenomena at the National and International Levels, on the
Occasion of Balrampur Mahaustav, Balarampur, U.p, India, 2004
- Award of Distinguished Visiting Professorship, Applied Mathematics Institute, Department of Mathematical
Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, (1987-88).
- Award of Visiting Professorship, Alberta Heritage Foundation, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 1993.
- Award of Professor Emeritus Fellowship Grant by University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
At IIT Kanpur (1997-2002).
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES:
- Imperial Chemical Industries Fellowship, U.K., 1966-67.
- National Research Council, National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA), Research Associate ship,U.S.A., 1968-69.
- Machine Tool Industries Research Association Fellowship,U.K., 1969-70.
- Royal Norwegian Council or Scientific and Industrial Research Fellowship, Norway, 1970-71.
- Member, American Mathematical Society, USA (1988-1989)
- Member, Mathematical Association of America, U.S.A (1988- 1989)
- Member, International Society of Biorheology. (1989)
- Member, Canadian Mathematical Society, Canada. (1990)
- Associate Fellow, Institute of Mathematics and its Application, U.K. (1970)
- Member, Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia Inc. Australia. (1996-1997)
- Founder (Executive committee) Member, Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, India( 1995-1999).
- Founder, General Secretary, Indian Society for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation.(1998-2006)
- President, Indian Society for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation. (2007-2009)Fellow, Indian Society for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation.
- Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India.(1978---)
- Fellow of International academy of Physical Sciences. India (2008)
- President, Bharat Ganit Parishad (Indian Mathematics Association) (2002, 2003)
- Founder General Secretary, Indian Society for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation, (1998- 2006)
- President, Indian Society for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation (2007-2008)
- Membership of Committees of National Government Organizations such as AICTE, DST, UGC, CSIR, India.
- Membership of Advisory Award/ Selection Committees of CSIR, I.I.T s, N.I.T s and several universities, India.
- Membership and Fellowships of several International Societies/ Academies such as Member-American
- Mathematical Society, Fellow-National Academy of Sciences (India), Fellow-Indian Society for Mathematical
- Modeling And Computer Simulation, Fellow- International Academy of Physical Sciences, India.
- Reviewers of several International Journals such as JMB, JBS, NRA, BMB etc.
International Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Analysis of Complex Systems (Being
Launched). Under the auspecies of Indian Society for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation,
HQ IIT Kanpur.
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CENTRES AND UNIVERSITIES VISITED:
Visited several Institutions/Universities in USA, Canada, UK, France Holland, Austria, Italy, Japan Australia,
Singapore. In particular, undertaken academic & cultural visits to : Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool, London (several
times), Manchester, Oxford, Cleaveland, Los Angeles, Disney Land, Las Vegas, Richland, Huntsville, New York
(Five times), Seattle, Orlando, Pittsburgh, St. Louis (Two times), Washington D.C., Toronto (two times),
Halifax, Vancouver, Edmonton (Five times), Paris(three times), Copenhagen, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Hague,
Shanghai, Hong Zhou, Hong Kong, etc.